Training was essential for the success of Lab employees with financial management responsibilities. Through training, Lab employees acquired the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively perform their roles using the new financial systems.
- Modularized knowledge/skills training.
- Provided users the set of training modules that relate to their roles & responsibilities.
- Allowed efficient and appropriate training for different user groups.
- Designed for re-use in the short term and long term.
Training was delivered through Instructor-Led Training, Self-Paced eLearning, and Performance Support.
- Provided interactive classroom training to help employees learn and practice the new F$M functionality and transactions.
- Developed to provide functional, role-based information relevant to the role the employee will play using the new financial systems.
- Provided introductory, informational, and navigational instruction.
- Accessed via the web on an on-demand basis.
- Provided self-service guidance to employees when learning and using the financial systems.
- Included online job aids and other manuals describing features and functionalities, including workflows, instructional screens, and process steps.
- Used a knowledgebase approach to provide on-demand assistance.
A full curriculum of courses was developed for various employees throughout the Lab.